Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 4th of New Mexico!



This past weekend we traveled to Albuquerque to visit family. Some advice to everyone with small children... Don’t take road trips. Our regularly 6 hour drive turned into a 9 hour extravaganza. We had to stop every 100 miles to either use the restroom, play, get gas, eat, stretch, change clothes, etc. It was the same on the way back, plus a 2 hour traffic jam through Payson and lots of rain. Next time we travel, we’re flying!
Albuquerque was great. We stayed at my Mom and Stepfather’s new house. Noah had a blast playing with the dogs and running around their gigantic backyard. We cooked burgers with my Dad, my brother Stephen, and my Grandparents at my Grandparents’ new house. We also lit fireworks and had a family BBQ at my Mom and Stepfather’s house. Of course we stopped by Great (in Noah and Bella’s case Great Great) Grandma Mary’s house. Overall, it was a really fun trip (except for the driving).

No comments: